Justice Served

There is a saying, ‘what don’t catch you in the morning, don’t pass you in the evening’.  Imagine you bring a child into this world and then someone decides that it is time for him to leave. 41 years after John McCabe was left in a parking lot for dead, his murderers have been brought to justice. I hope that was the best 41 years of their lives because they will spend the rest of their earth life in a hole.  An ‘incredible turn of events’ led to the arrest of three men accused of killing a 15-year-old Massachusetts boy more than 41 years ago, authorities said.

The body of John Joseph McCabe of Tewksbury was found in a vacant lot in Lowell on September 27, 1969, police said. He had been bound with rope, his eyes and mouth taped shut. Allegedly because he flirted with the girlfriend of an older teenager, John was kidnapped after leaving a dance by the youth and two of his friends.

The teens allegedly assaulted him and left him to die as he struggled to free himself, Middlesex District Attorney Gerry Leone said. Authorities arrested Walter Shelley, 60, of Tewksbury; Edward Allan Brown, 59, of Londonderry, New Hampshire; and Michael Ferreira, 57, of Salem, New Hampshire yesterday.

Shelley, who lives just a couple of miles from McCabe’s parents, is charged with murder and Brown is charged with manslaughter. Ferreira faces a murder charge in juvenile court because he was a juvenile at the time of the slaying; he also faces a perjury charge in adult court for allegedly lying to investigators.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

  • Add this Content to Your Site
%d bloggers like this: